(CAPTAINS MEETING AT RAMP October 13 2023 5PM) ENLESS WE GET THE PAVALION WILL UPDATE IF SO
ALABAMA SLAMMER 2023 Rules 1. Good sportsmanship is expected of all individuals before, during and after the tournament event. This includes social media bashing of the event and/or event participants or staff. Failure to follow good sportsmanship may result in disq ualification and/or revocation from fishing this and/or any further Alabama Slammer Series events. You have an issue? Contact the director! JUSTIN 573-881-5802 OR KIRSTEN 256-476-7578
2. Any disorderly conduct will be reason alone for disqualification.
3. Any violation of the Alabama Slammer rules will result in an automatic disqualification.
4. All State and Federal rules must be observed. It is up to the anglers to determine what license or licenses may be needed.
5. Teams are limited to a minimum of 1 and maximum of 3 persons. Anyone 15 and under does NOT count as a team member.
6. All children 15 and under MUST be accompanied by an adult.
7. Life vests are encouraged while underway at alltimes.
8. Fish may only be caught by Rod and Reel method only
9. All participating anglers from each team MUST be present at registration. All anglers on the team must sign a waiver to fish the tournament.
10. Tournament Hours: 7:00 PM- 7: 00 AM. Lines in the water prior to 7:00 PM will be cause for immediate disqualification. All teams must be back to (first creek boat ramp in Rogersville Alabama)and in weigh in line between 8:00 AM-9:00 AM (No later then 9:00 AM or you are DQ)
11. Teams will be allowed to trailer to any ramp on the Tennessee River from (Guntersville Alabama line) to (Pickwick Alabama line) (NO LIVE WELL CHECK)!! All TOP FINISHERS are subjected to a POLLYGRAPHE.
12. A 3 fish weigh in limit per boat will be allowed at the weigh-in scale. Do not bring more than 3 fish to the scale. If more than 3 fish is in the livewell team will be DQ. Fish must be alive in the live-well.
Limit EX for Alabama: 2 over 34' inches and one under. Ex:2 over 1 under, or 3 under 34, or 1 over and 2 under. You can only have 2 over 34 inches
13, Unlimited Rods will be allowed in the water at any one time.
14. No snagging will be allowed
15, No fouled hooked fish will be accepted (a fouled hook is any hook located behind the gill plate).
16. No chumming.
17. No fishing intentionally baited holes
18. All tournament boats must maintain a distance of 50 yards between each other while anchored and 50 feet while drifting or spot locked. This includes all boats
19. Buddy fishing or sharing of information during tournament hours including techniques, baits, location, etc. is strictly prohibited
20. No fishing outside of the boat.
21. No use alcoholic beverages or illegal substances are allowed during tournament hours
22. Due to possible inclement weather, all boat captains must decide for themselves and their fellow team members if it is safe to launch and proceed. The Alabama Slammer Series will proceed with the event unless, the director along with 3 randomly selected team captains determine the conditions to be unsafe prior to the event.
23. Onboard live wells must be no less than 50 gallons and employ an electric freshwater circulating pump and include proper aeration. OXYGEN USE IS ENCOURAGED
24. There may not be any extra fish in live-well. If there are more than 3 fish in live-well at weigh-in it will result in disqualification
25. It is strongly encouraged that ALL fish handled at weigh-in MUST BE handled with care. Gloves are highly encouraged at weigh in time. No abuse of throwing the catfish/mishandling will be tolerated Weigh slings are encouraged. Larger fish are encouraged to be handled by 2 anglers.
26. Placing ALL fish into the weigh totes must be completed with care. No throwing or mishandling will be tolerated
27. Dead fish will not be allowed on the weigh-in stage and will dis-qualify your team if presented on stage or weigh-in.
28. No culling of fish at weigh-in
29. Ties will be decided by Big Fish. If no Big Fish was weighed, the tie will be split by both teams.
30. Any protests must be made before the Awards Ceremony and must be in writing with reliable clear proof. We will not accept any protests thereafter.
31. This is a catch and release tournament. All fish must be alive and healthy at the time of weigh-in. If a dead fish is brought to the scales it will result in a DQ from that tournament. It is the objective of the event to release all fish alive and healthy. However, if a fish dies after weigh-in and prior to its release, arrangements will be made to donate the fish to a family in need.
32. Angler's that consider their catch to be a possible record will have the sole responsibility for caring for the fish until the proper authorities are notified and arrive for verification purposes. Once verified, the fish must be released alive and healthy.
33. Social Media live feeds are allowed and encouraged. However, caution must be used not to reveal too much relevant information when going live during the tournament hours. (see rule #19)
34. One man teams ARE allowed. We do NOT encourage this due to safety. You can NOT have but 1 over 34' in possession at a time. You are allowed to come weigh the over in during tournament hours. The fish will be weighed and logged as your total weight then released by the director. This will be logged and once weighed you can NOT cull that fish for a total bag.
35. Scouting and bait fishing is allowed clear until lines in water tournament night ..NO CATFISH RODS IN THE WATER BEFORE 7:00PM tournament morning (YOU WILL BE A POLLYGRAPHED)!!!
36. Entry fee 1030$ which includes Big Fish (processing fees added to total)
37. A team caught cheating will be immediately disqualified and banned from all future Alabama Slammer Series events. This includes, but not limited to; Limb lining, trot lines, hoop nets, baited holes, lining, trot , jug fishing, hand fishing, fish sharing, chumming, checking jugs during tournament hours locking through to another body of water, etc.
38. Any team that experiences a mishap or mechanical issue during the tournament event will still be considered a valid tournament participant and will not be provided any relief or forgiveness of the rules as published.
39. Scales will be open during tournament hrs. ALL HOURS 7PM-7AM
40. All anglers are subject to a polygraph test. If an angler refuses to take a test or fails test the angler will be DQ from Alabama Slammer's further events . All members on a team is polygraphed if a team member refuses will be DQ if 1 angler fails: the TEAM IS DQ!!!
41. The Tournament Director has final say on all rules and rule amendments
42. PAYOUT IS BASED ON TOTAL BOATS IF IT DOSE NOT CAP WE KEEP THE SAME PERCENTAGE BASE PAYOUT MEANING EVEN WITH 30 BOATS 1ST WOULD BE UPPER 15K
Sorry, there are no products in this collection
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device
Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.